Friday, February 8, 2013

DIY No Sew Contemporary Lampshades


Hello and Welcome once again!!!!
I would be sharing with you, how I made this No-sew Ribbon Lampshade
with a contemporary dual look......
This was a quick makeover for my dreary old plain lamps.....

Contemporary Lampshade


This is how my lamp originally looked.......
I have two of these, one on either side of the bed......
It really looked nice on my bedside tables, but after using it for more 
than a year, I got bored of its plain look.....
I decided to revamp the look of our bedroom.......
And, decided to begin with the Lampshades :)

Plain Lamp Base

I decided to make a Contemporary Dual Look Lamp.......
The main reason for this decision was that, I have two comforters
one black and white, and the other a dark red......
I wanted the look of the lampshades to go with both my beddings......

I used Black Satin ribbons and hot glued them to the lamp in the following 
Criss-cross pattern on two opposite sides of the lamp.........


No Sew Ribbon Lampshade

On the remaining two opposite sides, I just glued them vertically........
The only important tip here is to space the ribbons perfectly.....
A little bit here or there can have distortions in the design.....
It helps to mark the spacings before you start gluing the ribbons.....

No Sew Ribbon Lampshade

Then, I glued Red Satin Ribbons vertically between the vertical Black Ribbons......
This is how the finished Lampshades look.......

Contemporary Lampshades

 And here is the other side.......

DIY Contemporary Lampshades

This is how the Lamp looks lighted up.......
This is the matching look for my Red comforter :)

Diy Lampshade

And, this is the look for my Black and White comforter.... minus the comforter ;)
Honestly, I got lazy....and didn't change the comforter for the photo :)

DIY Lampshade

These Contemporary Lamps sure do brighten up my bedroom......
I really love the way they turned out........
It was one of the most satisfying DIY project ever!!!!
Hope you liked them too......
Visit soon  for more of my Bedroom projects......
Till then, Happy DIYing !!!!


No comments: